Given here is the recipe to make a
Friendship Day cake for your closet buddy. Follow it and make a
special handmade gift!
Friendship Day Cake
The tempting eatery cakes have become an inseparable
part of any occasion. The entire market is flooded with cakes of
different flavor for different occasion. Friendship Day is also a day
that sees buying and gifting of cakes. However, if you want to show your
friend those extra amounts of love and care, then, gift them with a cake
prepared by you, rather than getting it from the bakery. The little
amount of extra effort you put in is sure to convey the message of how
much you care for them. There are many ways to make cakes to impress
your friend. This Friendship Day, if you want to prepare a cake, but you
don't know how, read below and get the recipes for Friendship Day cake.
Chocolate Strawberry Friendship Cake
- 1 ounce Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Margarine
- 1 cup Sour Milk
- 2 tbsp Orange Liqueur
- 1 package Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 quart Fresh Strawberries
- 2 square Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) pans.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat unsweetened chocolate,
stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool, to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Add in margarine, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend in sour milk and melted unsweetened chocolate.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a
toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle cakes with orange liqueur.
- Reserve 8 to 10 strawberries and slice the rest.
- Place one cake on a serving plate, top with half of the sliced
strawberries and half of whipped topping.
- Cover with second layer, top with remaining strawberries and
whipped topping. Garnish with whole strawberries.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat semisweet chocolate, stirring
occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the strawberries.
- 200 gm Wet Dates, Chopped
- 50 gm Walnuts, chopped
- 100 gm Flour
- 100 gm Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- 75 gm Butter (preferably unsalted)
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Soda Bicarb
- Grease a round cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Beat eggs properly.
- Sift the flour and baking powder 3-4 times in a muslin cloth or
very fine strainer.
- Soak chopped dates with soda bi-carb in ½ cup warm water,
for 10 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy and add the beaten
eggs and the flour mixture.
- Now, add chopped walnuts and soaked dates and mix thoroughly.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Pour the prepared mixture in the greased pan and bake at 350 F
for about 40 minutes.