Baked Macaroni Recipe
- 1 cup Elbow Macaroni (about 100 grams)
- 1½ slightly heaped tbsp Butter, preferably unsalted
- 1½ tablespoons Flour
- 1¾ cups Milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Grated Cheese
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Tomato
- In the larger pan, put 2¾ cups water, ¾ tsp salt and a
few drops oil.
- Boil the mixture before dropping the macaroni.
- Keep boiling for 6 minutes.
- Pour the macaroni into the strainer and hold it under cold,
running water for a few seconds. Keep aside.
- Melt butter and add it to the sieved flour mix. It
- Now, add milk, while stirring the flour mixture.
- Start heating again, as soon as a smooth paste is made. Raise
temperature to the boiling point.
- Stir from time to time, till the sauce thickens.
- Take the sauce off the fire.
- Stir in two tbsp of the cheese.
- Now, cut the stem off the capsicum. Scoop out the seeds and ribs
with your hand. Cut three slices off it, so you get pretty circular
- Chop the rest of the capsicum into tiny bits.
- Slice the tomato into rings.
- Mix the capsicum with the macaroni and pour it into the oven
- Pour the sauce over. Mix well and smoothen the top.
- Arrange the capsicum and tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- When you are ready to eat preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the macaroni in and bake for 20 minutes or till the top is
golden brown and the macaroni is bubbling hot.