Explore new ventures this friendship day and
astonish your friend with a hand made gift. Find out some easy to
Handmade Friendship Day Gifts
Friendship Day is the perfect occasion to do that
extra bit of effort to and your friends know how much you love them.
Handmade gifts articulate your feelings and speak volumes about the
affection felt towards your friends. Friends occupy a very special part
in our life, something that cannot be compromised upon. A handmade gift
gives a personal touch and expresses more sincerity than that which is
brought from the store. It gives an impetus to our feelings and
expresses our gratefulness in a better way. Check out some of the
homemade gift ideas for Friendship Day, which though simple, would be an
extraordinary way of putting things in the forefront.
Paper Jewelry Box:
Paper Jewelry Box can be made easily, using little creativity and
patience. This will surely be appreciated as a nice and useful
Friendship Day Gift.
- An old box (about 4 inches in length and width)
- Cloth or construction paper
- Old magazines with lots of colorful pictures
- Colorful buttons
- Colorful ribbons
- Take a box
- Cut little pictures from a magazine and glue them in any way you
want to, the outside the box. Make sure you covered it well, and let
- Glue a cloth or construction paper in the inside of the box to
make it look neat.
- Stick pieces of ribbon on the sides for a border.
- Glue the buttons in the corners or anywhere you think they might
- Sprinkle glitter, to give it a shiny appearance.
- Use sequins for creating letters of your friend's name.
Friendship Bands are a popular Friendship Day gift. Instead of buying
it out, why don't you try something special for your friend? It will
surely be fun for you and your friend will also be touched to receive a
- Cut the string in the length of your wrist and tie a knot at one
- String beads on in any pattern you like but leave some room for a
knot at the other end.
- You may also pick beads with alphabet and create your friend's
- When beading is complete, tie a knot. You can attach a purchased
A special handmade bookmark will make a wonderful Friendship Day gift.
Try the method given here or use your own creativity to make a pretty
bookmark for your dear friends.
- Felt (velvet paper or handmade paper can also do)
- White hair net
- 2 little wiggle eyes
- Stuffing or cotton wool
- A small button
- Cut a strip of felt about 5 cm (1¾ inches) wide, and 16 cm
(6 inches) long.
- Wrap one ball of cotton wool or stuffing in the hair net and
stick it to the top of the felt, this is the head.
- Glue the two eyes and the button on to the head. The button will
give the appearance of dummy pacifier.
- Tie a small bow from some ribbon and glue it on the felt, just
below the head. Now, if you like, thread a small piece of ribbon
through the button.